Narcan Online for Sale in Canada.
Narcan also known as Naloxone is a safe drug that blocks opioid actions and is use to reverse the effects of opioid overdoses. However, Narcan is the brand name for a nasal spray version of naloxone and has recently moved closer to the mainstream and more into the public eye. Common signs of overdose include respiratory depression (difficulty breathing), sedation (feeling sleepy) and hypotension (unusually low blood pressure). The World Health Organisation refers to naloxone as “an essential medicine that can save lives in opioid overdose situations”.
What is naloxone nasal spray?
Naloxone nasal spray is a specific format of naloxone which enables it to be spray directly into the nose through the nostril. As with other naloxone products, it is used to reverse the effects of opioid overdoses. Through the nasal route of administration, naloxone’s effects occur in 2 to 3 minutes.
In Canada, in addition to the nasal spray format, several versions of naloxone in an injectable format are available. When naloxone is injected intravenously (into veins), its effects occur in less than 2 minutes. When naloxone is injected subcutaneously (into skin) or intramuscularly (into a muscle), its effects occur in 3 to 5 minutes.
Naloxone in any of the formats is effective at reversing the effects of opioid overdoses. However, there may be specific circumstances where one format may be prefer over another for various reasons, such as ease of use, cost etc.
What are the signs of an opioid overdose?
Signs of an opioid overdose include:
- Trouble breathing or no breathing;
- Extreme drowsiness;
- Pale and clammy skin;
- Slow or no heartbeat;
- Passing out;
- Unable to be woken up;
- Pinpoint pupils.
How to Buy Narcan Online in Canada.
Narcan can is use by a bystander or friend if someone is overdosing on opioids. Here’s how to get it, who should carry it, and how to use it. A box of Narcan, which contains two single-dose nasal sprays, costs $45 online here in Canada. If you choose to buy Narcan in person instead of online, it might be behind the pharmacy counter or another desk, or out in the aisles, depending on the pharmacy. It still will not require a prescription.
- Check whether the person is responsive by shaking them, calling out to them and pushing your knuckles into their chest for five to 10 seconds.
- Lay the person on their back and tilt their head up.
- Take Narcan out of its package by peeling back the tab.
- Get a grip on the nasal spray by placing your thumb on the plunger and two fingers on either side on the nozzle. (Do not “test it” or push the plunger early.)
- Insert the tip of the nozzle into one nostril and push the plunger firmly.
- Remove it from the person’s nose and wait two minutes to see if they respond. Call 911 during this time.
- If the person does not wake up or respond to shaking, administer the second dose/second container of Narcan.
- Roll them onto their side to prevent choking and stay with them until medical services arrive.
Who should Buy Narcan Online in Canada?
If you use opioids, whether it’s a prescribe opioid like oxycodone or an illegal opioid like heroin, it’s recommended that you carry Narcan or naloxone on you, similar to how someone with severe allergies carries an EpiPen in case they have a severe allergic reaction. The CDC recommends that if you take “greater or equal to 50 morphine milligram equivalents per day” of a high-dose opioid, you should carry Narcan. According to the Cleveland Clinic, overdoses happen if you take too much of an opioid but can also happen if it’s combined with another substance, like a stimulant or alcohol.